Fall will be here before you know it, and with it comes sweater weather, warm drinks and a revamped regimen for your skin care. As the lower degrees begin to hit, make sure your fall skin care is autumn-ready by following the tips below.
- Moisturize – when the air is less humid, as it tends to be in chillier months, you’ll need a heavier moisturizer (cream rather than lighter, oil-based) to keep your skin from drying out and cracking. Moisturize every day for the best results with your fall skin care routine.
- Exfoliate – exfoliation is critical in preventing dryness and keeping your skin smooth. Use an all-natural scrub without harsh chemicals or plastic beads. Exfoliation can often be harsh on your skin, so try exfoliating your skin only once a week during autumn.
- Rest up – sleep will always be the greatest medicine for glowing, healthy skin, and rest has a whole list of additional benefits, so skip the late nights and get that beauty sleep. Try to get between 7-9 hours every night to look and feel your best.
- Hydrate – it’s easy to remember to drink water when the weather is humid and you’re sweating up a storm. But don’t miss out on drinking plenty of water all year round. Stay away from the extra sugary drinks or a high amount of caffeine. Go hard with straight water, to get the best results for your skin.
- Sunscreen – just because it isn’t over 85 degrees and sunny outside doesn’t mean your skin is safe from the sun and it’s damage to your skin. Use a sunscreen of at least SPF 15, 30 is better, on every area of your body that isn’t covered by clothing. Remember to reapply throughout the day as necessary, especially on your face.
- Don’t forget – areas like lips and cuticles get dry too, and can be more painful if they crack as they tend to be more sensitive. Lip balm and cuticle cream or oils are quick additions to your skin care routine and will save you from the extra hurt.
Also, the biggest thing to pay attention to is what your skin is telling you. You may need to switch products as autumn approaches for your fall skin care. Seasonal changes definitely affect your body in many ways, so if you notice breakouts, flaky skin or other problems, it’s a sign that whatever you’re doing now needs to be switched up. Don’t be afraid to experiment this fall to see what works for your skin care regimen.
We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re at Sagewood and please remember to contact us with any of your questions or concerns.
Sagewood is offered by Weitzman. Weitzman is one of the leading commercial real estate companies in North Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of Commercial Real Estate services including Project Representation, Tenant Representation and Investment Sales and, is also a leading Asset Management and Development Services Commercial Real Estate firm.